Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Cookbooks: The Christmas Presents That Keep On Giving : )

Christmas morning was epic this year. Not only did I come downstairs to a present filled family room, but every gift that I unwrapped was amazing and something that I wanted/will come in crazy handy. Two of the gifts that I received from my mama and dad were cookbooks. Now these were not just any cookbooks but awesomely amazing cookbooks that will make me oh so fat lol.


The first one happens to be a Gluten-Allergy friendly cookbook that looks sa-weeet! Titled Gluten-Free Girl and the Chef and written by Shauna James Ahern (the gluten-free girl*) and Daniel Ahern (the chef), the book is "a love story with 100 tempting recipes." I was particularly excited about getting this cookbook because another book written by Shauna James Ahern, Gluten-Free Girl: How I Found the Food That Loves Me Back...& How You Can, Too, got me through my first few months of being gluten-free and taught me how to not only cope with the diagnosis, but how to still go out in the world and live and eat with the allergy and without gluten. She, truly, got me through some of the toughest times when I felt incredibly frustrated (I would definitely recommend this fyi).

Along with the many yummy recipes in the cookbook, Shauna includes stories about her family and shopping experiences. Not only is it an excellent cookbook but an interesting read as well with fun pictures : )










The second cookbook that I got, although not allergy friendly in the least, looks absolutely delicious! Tartine is a cookbook centered around the Tartine Bakery in San Fransisco, CA. It is written and compiled by Elisabeth Prueitt and Chad Robertson and "includes all the basic recipes from the renowned Tartine Bakery the couple founded in 2002: breakfast pastries, cakes, tarts, cookies, and savory items as well." Simply flipping through the cookbook made my mouth instantly! I cannot wait to try out some of these recipes, even though I will have to make gluten and dairy substitutions. In fact, I am making Devil's Food Layer Cake for my mama's birthday on the first! Whoot whoot!! : )


*Gluten-Free Girl's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment