Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Amici's Pizza-Berkley, MI aka Heaven on 12 Mile : )


My big sissy, always knowledgeable of the best hotspots, has been telling me we had to go to Amici's restaurant in Berkley. Not only do they have many Vegan offerings and a huge variety of delicious and creative martini's, but they also have gluten free pizza! They describe themselves as: "a comfortable place to meet friends, enjoy a gourmet pizza and relax- just like in your own living room or patio. Beer, wine, spirits and martinis are served in a casual neighborhood setting" and I couldn't agree more! A certified green restaurant, Amici's was named MetroTimes Best of 2010 Gourmet Pizza and it is easy to see, smell, and definitely taste why.

Walking up to the cozy restaurant you see an enchanting little garden patio area (that I am sure will be AWESOME come summer time) and twinkle lights all over the outside. You enter into an equally as cozy and warm looking restaurant/bar combo with a bohemian vibe. I was immediately in heaven.

After browsing their extensive martini offerings, I opted to try one that was made with lemon and blueberry flavored liqueur and had blueberries floating on top and at the bottom. It was...in a word: Divine!
When it came time to eat, I went for the build your own pizza option and made a 12-in pizza with gluten free crust, Tofu Mozzarella, basil, and tomato slices. To drink, since my martini was sadly gone, I went for the RedBridge gluten free beer...that's right, this allergy girl had her first pizza and beer experience! I now know why this combination is so celebrated and recommended...it's a-mazing!!
As for the pizza, I could not have been more satisfied. The cheese was melty, the crust was crispy, and the ingredients were as fresh as can be. I, again was in heaven.
When the time came to leave, I reluctantly got up to go...vowing that I would come back before too long.
Jenni, Paul, Drew, and I are totally doing dinner/drinks there next Tuesday : )


Amici's Website with Menu and Location Information as well as other cool tidbits

No comments:

Post a Comment