Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Day Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner Amazingness!

Every year Christmas morning breakfast is the most amazing, epic, delicious meal of the year. From the coffee cakes, pancakes, cinnamon french toast, waffles, and challah bread, to the whipped cream it is a gluten-ous, dairy filled mine field (for me at least lol). This year, I decided that I would not miss out! With my Cooking for Isaiah recipe book in hand my sissy, mama, and I went to work planning some Stephanie/Food Allergy friendly foods.

Blueberry-Lemon Sourdough Pancakes
After sifting through the yummy breakfast options, we decided to make Blueberry-Lemon Sourdough Pancakes (yum!) and Penny's Apple-Brown Sugar Coffee Cake (double yum!). Jenni took charge of the pancakes and I made the coffee cake. The pancakes went swimmingly and Jenni had them done and ready to go in a snap! The coffee cake, after a bit of a hiccup in batter thickness, went a bit slower but was a ton of fun to make (mostly because I got to lick the bowl and spoon that was covered in brown-sugary deliciousness!).

When we sat down at the table, it was covered in plates pilled with sausage (yuck), bacon (poor piggys), awesome fruit (strawberries, bananas, and blueberries oh my!), challah bread french toast (not tummy friendly but my nose greatly appreciated the scent), the blueberry-lemon sourdough pancakes, and two kinds of coffee cake (my mama's and the apple-brown sugar coffee cake). I was in heaven : )
Penny's Apple-Brown Sugar Coffee Cake

I immediately grabbed three blueberry pancakes with a smidgen of light syrup, blueberries, and strawberries and dug in. From the first bite of the pancake, I knew they would have to be a recurring breakfast staple. I, first, got the taste and smell of the subtle lemon, which was followed by a burst of blueberry...it was awesome!

The coffee cake, due to be thoroughly stuffed from the massive breakfast, I saved for my lunch (healthy right?). It was soft, warm, sweet and had a slight bite from the apple slices...in a word it was euphoric.


Stormy Night Genius Mac & Cheese
Dinner was a throw back to one of my personal favorites, Stormy Night Genius Mac & Cheese with spinach and tomatoes. I was soooo stuffed and it was bellissimo!














No comments:

Post a Comment