Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Thanksgiving Feasting, Yes Feasting

As I am sure its probably the same case for everyone who lives in the United States, Thanksgiving=Food Day in my family. A day of bread-pudding, rolls, garlic-bread, pies, ice cream, and other various dairy and gluten filled deliciousness, it did not bode well for me. Luckily, with my ever helpful  EBT cash from the generous Washtenaw County and my amazing Cooking For Isaiah recipe book in hand, I was able to whip together several yummy Thanksgiving worthy dishes that left me equally as stuffed and satisfied (without the after-dinner-food-allergy-belly-bloat I might add) of yesteryears. That's right, "bread" and "dairy" cocktails included! Here's what the spread looked like:

Appetizers: Soy Cheddar and Soy Mozzarella Cheese slices with gluten free crackers and grapes

Dinner: Garlic Pesto on a Gluten Free Baguette (courtesy of my lovely sissy), Quinoa Mac and Veggie Cheese Mac&Cheese, Marshmallow-Topped Yam Bake, and Spinach Salad with Gluten Free Garlic Dressing
(mouth watering yet?)
Pumpkin Pie Martini

Dessert: Gluten Free Pumpkin Cake with Dairy Free "Cream Cheese" Frosting (again courtesy of my lovely sissy), and Dairy Free Pumpkin Ice "Cream"

Cocktails: Wine (naturally) and Pumpkin Pie Martini's (YUM!!)

Needless to say, I did not have to skimp due to diet restrictions (by diet I mean food allergies, not weight watching in the least). Over all, it was an amazing Thanksgiving that left me feeling soooo thankful to all the foodies out there that experimented to create awesome substitutions and my family who all thought of me when making the food : )
Jenni (aka the above mentioned lovely sissy) and Me Cleaning with Wilby handing the floors

No comments:

Post a Comment