Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Accidental Oatmeal Cinnamon Raisin Cookie Crumble

One recipe that I have truly missed since going gluten free was my Mom's/Nana's Oatmeal Cinnamon Raisin Cookies. They were a constant when I was growing up and always made my days that much better, no matter how bad they had been. So when I started experimenting with flours and recipes, it was one of the ones I tried. As I mixed and stirred it all together, it looked and tasted (yes...i eat cookie dough...and revel in it!) almost just as good as my Mom's/Nana's and I was very excited. When I popped them in the oven and pulled them out I so so sad to discover that they didn't set right and essentially decided to give up right then and there. However, my mom, always the voice of calm reasoning, suggested that I just turn it into a crumble and sprinkle it on ice cream and yogurt...so a just crumbled the pieces up and let it be. When I was calm enough to take a bite, I was beyond thrilled to discover that it not only still tasted close to what I remembered, but its new texture was like a new lease on an old recipe. Best part, Noah loved it! I actually made him a bucket full to take up to his dorm room and he ate it all. That was my favorite part, that I was able to make someone else I love happy through the simple act of baking : )

*See Recipes Page

No comments:

Post a Comment