Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cooking for Isaiah: Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Recipes for Easy Delicious Meals

Having moved into the new apartment, I had the urge to find some new fun recipes (aka a new fun cookbook!). So, naturally, I headed straight to Border's between classes and grabbed every allergy friendly cookbook I could find. This led me to the amazing new book, Cooking for Isaiah.  Written by Silvana Nardone, a Italian mom big on delicious fresh cooked/baked meals, I knew it had to be amazing. Coincidentally, she is also the mother of a gluten/dairy intolerant son named Isaiah. When Isaiah was diagnosed with gluten and dairy intolerances, Silvana was bound and determined to still feed him well and feed him what he wanted, while at the same time not having to make separate meals for her husband and daughter. After many trial and errors, Silvana came up with this book and a TON of delicious recipes, from breakfast to dessert, salad to cornbread (yes...bread), everything looks amazing and doesn't cost a fortune or take a store full of ingredients to make.

So far, I have been able to make a couple of her yummy recipes. For a Bestest night, I made the extremely scrumptious macaroni salad with sun-dried tomatoes and olives.  We both absolutely loved loved loved the salad, from the light sauce to the a-mazing sun-dried tomatoes to the crispy celery, I was in heaven. Another recipe I've tried out was the banana pancakes with warm cinnamon goo. One rainy cold Sunday, I went home for a visit with my family and decided to make them a yummy breakfast. Flipping through the book I came upon this recipe and knew with a name like that, it couldn't be bad. It took all of 20 minutes from start to finish and when the plates were cleared, there wasn't a crumb left. The warm cinnamon goo is definitely what made them sooo amazing and was the perfect balance between smooth/light and syrupy/gooey. I absolutely cannot wait to try more of her recipes!!

Cooking For Isaiah on Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment