Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Seva-mazing!

One of my first days back on campus (and one of the first official sissy days of the 2010/11 school year) led me to one of my, now, staple restaurants: Seva. I had passed Seva on my many A2 walks, but had never gotten to try it. Knowing that it has a delicious and almost completely vegan (yay no dairy!) menu, along with a completely separate and long gluten free, I was just dying to try it! So, when my sissy asked where we should go for lunch I jumped on the chance to try it.

When we got there, I felt immediately submerged in a calm, organic oasis. Boasting "a completely vegetarian menu, as well as a full bar, a fresh juice bar, coffee bar, great service, and a casual, friendly atmosphere," I was in heaven! After receiving the gluten free menu, I was presented with the practically impossible task of picking out what to eat from plentiful menu. Luckily I knew it wouldn't be my last time there so I picked out oven-roasted redskin potatoes with garlic and rosemary and sauteed tofu with wheat-free tamari sauce and garlic. In a word, it was seva-mazing! I left feeling full, happy, and overall relaxed that I could not wait to go back again...and I did not even two weeks later when my mom and Jenni came for another visit. This time I got the veggie nirvana with hummus, which they describe as "rainbow plate of fresh, raw veggies (baby carrots, cucumbers, broccoli, red peppers, grape tomatoes, celery, cauliflower & radishes), with creamy, garlicky hummus!" I couldn't say it better myself and was happy to round out the delicious meal with a gluten-free, vegan chocolate mousse cake depicted as "decadent flourless chocolate cake topped with chocolate mousse, covered with chocolate ganache and drizzled with white chocolate." Again, couldn't have said it better myself and hard the hardest time trying to stop eating it and licking the spoon...I will be back soon!

 Seva Restaurant Website

No comments:

Post a Comment