Search This Blog

Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Nana Breakfast and Banana Brandy Muffin-Cakes

While vacationing in Traverse City with my mom's side of the family, my Nana decided to do a family breakfast at her condo. She promised to make her famous Mickey Mouse Waffles (amazingly delicious) and her Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake (deliciously amazing) along with a variety of breakfast favorites such as pancakes, Belgium waffles with whipped cream, and English muffins. My immediately thought: gluten, gluten, and more gluten with a side of lactose...I'll bring a banana. But then, after a nice pout session, I decided that I was going to make my own contribution to the gluten-ous breakfast and pulled out a recipe I had recently found that I had not had a chance to try out (kill two birds with one stone right?). The recipe was for Banana Brandy Muffin-Cakes. When I had finished putting them together and brought them to the breakfast I was ecstatic to find that they were extremely moist and that I not only loved them, but that so did everyone else. The recipe was pretty darn easy and absolutely make you melt delicious from the sweet Cherrybrook Kitchen vanilla frosting to the crunchy banana chips on top. I would definitely recommend trying this recipe out and enjoying them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack...really any time of the day would be good :)

*See Recipes page for the complete recipe for Banana Brandy Muffin-Cakes

No comments:

Post a Comment