Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Coffee Pick-Me-Up Minus the Heat

So part of the post-gum surgery diet stipulates no hot beverages. Unfortunately, I am both an avid tea drinker and a Starbucks Soy Chai drinker, both which are served hot or, in the case of the iced chai, with a straw. I have have been craving caffeine so far and finally got my fix today with an Almost-Famous Dairy Free Mocha Frappe recipe* (turned dairy free of course) courtesy of Food Network Magazine. From the smooth rich coffee (and yes, caffeine!) to the sweet chocolate overtones, I was in caffeine bliss with each spoon full. It was so quick and delicious (and not bad for you calorie/fat wise if you take the dairy free/less chocolate route) that I may just make this a daily staple, not just my post-surgery diet days.

*See Recipes page

No comments:

Post a Comment