Search This Blog

Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pop-On-Over for my Sunday Popovers *wink wink*

As of late, I have made Sundays my sacrosanct baking and experimenting day. As I am sure you are dying to hear my Sunday routine, I will not disappoint: I get up, work out, shower, do my laundry and clean, the snuggle into some comfy clothes, grab a glass of wine (only after 2pm of course...) and a Sex and the City season, and start baking! Unfortunately not all of my delictable baking results are allergy friendly so I have to rely on the satisfied and grateful expression of family and friends for some. Even so, I have tried to make it a habit of including at least one yummy gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free treat for me, since I worked so hard.

This past Sunday, my allergy friendly treat came from a new favorite (and quite fancy, I might add) cook book I picked up at Anthropologie: Blackbird Bakery Gluten Free by Karen Morgan. Not only do I feel like the coolest, most sophisticated baker when I use this cookbook, I feel like the most sophisticated, coolest eater when I am enjoying them. The chewy, soft, scrumptious Popovers, with a few changes for replacing the dairy and soy ingredients, left me satisfied and ready to take on a new work week! Well, almost ready, I did a little shoe browsing to soften the blow...as Carrie Bradshaw says, "I decided, the only way to break free was to move from one addiction, to an even bigger one.....shoes."




Allergy Friendly Popovers Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment